Margaret S. Travers, P.C .  - Home
About Us
Firm Profiles
Becoming A Client
Client Center
Contact Us
   Home  >   About Our Firm  
Practice Areas
Child Custody
Relocation Of Children
Enforcement of Judgments
Modification of Judgments
Non-Marital Agreements

Orders or Judgments of the Probate and Family Court are often enforced by means of a Complaint for Contempt, although most problems with respect to compliance are worked through without a separate lawsuit. If legal action is necessary, the process for enforcing domestic relations orders in Massachusetts is quite simple and usually takes only a matter of a few weeks.

After a Complaint is filed, the Court issues a Contempt Summons which establishes the date of the hearing. The Summons may be served by delivering a copy of the Summons and Complaint to the defendant personally or by delivering and mailing the copies to the last known address.

In accordance with rules established by the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts. This web site must be labeled "advertising." It is designed to provide general information for clients and friends of the firm and should not be construed as legal advice, or legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.



One McKinley Square, Boston, Massachusetts 02109
Telephone: 617.423.0099 Facsimile: 617.423.5880

Copyright | Privacy Policy | Site Map